All PCACS members are required to take:
- FEMA’s IS-700.a: National Incident Management System (NIMS) an Introduction (This is a free online course).
PCACS members who will be staffing evacuation shelters (or have an interest in doing so) should be familiar with the shelter radio operating procedures and supporting training.
PCACS members who are willing to be deployed outside of Pinellas (either in Florida or outside of Florida) and wish to be eligible for expense reimbursement must take additional courses:
- FEMA’s IS-100.b: Introduction to Incident Command System (ICS) (This is a free online course).
- FEMA’s IS-200.b: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents (This is a free online course).
- FEMA’s IS-802: Emergency Support Function (ESF) #2 – Communications (This is a free online course).
- ARRL’s Introduction to Emergency Communication (EC-001) (This course is offered online for a fee or occasionally locally for free/minimal cost)
While not required, PCACS does encourage it’s members to take the following additional courses. Not only are the interesting, they provide insight into how Emergency Management works or about hurricane preparedness.